Official Mom Genius Contest Rules
The sponsor of the MOM GENIUS Product Submission Contest (the “Contest”) is Mom Genius, Inc. (“Mom Genius”) who acts as the contest producer and owner.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS – HOW TO ENTER
The Contest opens for entries on January 17th, 2019 and closes on March 17th, 2019 (referred to herein as the Contest Live Period). Entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on March 17th, 2019. For your entry to qualify for consideration, you must meet the following requirements:
· Complete and submit the Official Entry Form and Product Submission Contest Questionnaire.
· Choose an appropriate category for your entry. Please note that the categories included in the drop-down box on the Official Entry Form are the only categories for which Mom Genius will accept submissions – no exceptions.
· On the Official Entry Form, provide a description of your entry (up to 500 words) describing your proposed product in English. Your description should cover how the entry works, what makes it novel, how it would be produced, and where it would be applied.
· Entries will be judged on these criteria:
o Innovation (50% of score) -- What makes the design novel? Does it represent an important advance over current state of the art?
o Manufacturability (25%) -- How easy would it be to implement? Can it be cost-effectively manufactured/produced?
o Marketability (25%) -- Does the idea have practical applications? Is there a well-defined, significant market for its use? Does the inventor have a compelling story?
· Upload at least one (but no more than three) visual illustrations. File type options: DOC, PDF, JPEG, JPG or PNG. The visual illustration(s) should complement your entry description and can be drawings, photos, charts, or CAD images.
Entries submitted without an illustration automatically will be disqualified – no exceptions. We cannot accept PowerPoint presentations, white papers, or other documents as illustrations. All descriptive text should be entered in the space provided on the Entry Form. Text on illustrations should be limited to captions or call outs.
Video: You also have the option of submitting video to support your entry (limited to one video per entry). Maximum length: three minutes. First, upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo. Then, when you complete the Entry Form, provide the link to the video where indicated on the form. We cannot accept any video files by e-mail. Video is optional and will not factor in the judging for the prize.
Prototypes: It is NOT required to have a prototype of your product. However, if a working prototype does exist, please indicate this where asked on the Entry Form. Entrants are encouraged to include an illustration of their prototype with the entry materials.
If you are having difficulty submitting your entry, please contact us.
JUDGING AND PRIZES
· Mom Genius will select up to twenty (20) finalists from submissions received from entrants, who will have the opportunity to make a presentation in Atlanta, Georgia before a panel of judges selected by Mom Genius.
· These judges will select multiple winners from the finalists with the intent to license their products for distribution under the Mom Genius brand during calendar year 2019, subject to all licensing requirements as solely defined and determined by Mom Genius.
· Judges are prohibited from entering the contest themselves or evaluating entries from any organization at which they are employed. All decisions of the judges will be final.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· No purchase necessary to enter or win. There is no cost to enter the Contest.
· The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries. Mom Genius cannot predict the odds of winning as we have no prior knowledge of the number of entrants who will participate.
· Entrants must be 18 years of age or older; however, entrants between 13 years of age and 18 years of age may be allowed to enter the Contest if all of the following terms and requirements are met: 1) A parent or guardian must formally consent and provide a signature in their capacity to allow their child/ward to enter the Contest; 2) the parent or guardian must declare and confirm on behalf of the child/ward that the idea or ideas contained in the submission are original and are non-infringing; 3) the parent or guardian must declare and confirm that they have the authority to grant all required rights on behalf of the child/ward under this Contest, consistent with any other submission that would be received by Mom Genius; and 4) the parent or guardian must declare that he/she has read and agreed to all Mom Genius terms and the rules of this Contest, and that these terms and rules are agreed to on behalf of the child/ward prior to any submissions being made to Mom Genius. Notwithstanding the above, no one under 13 years of age will be permitted to enter the Contest under any conditions.
· Employees and the immediate families of the Mom Genius, its parent companies, subsidiaries, representatives, and advertising/promotion agencies are not eligible and prohibited from entering.
· The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, except where prohibited or restricted by national or local law. If you are not a permanent resident of one of the 50 states or you are not the required age as of time of entry, you are not eligible to enter the Contest or to win a Prize.
· Entries may be submitted by an individual.
· The entrant may submit multiple different entries to the Contest, but each entry must be a substantially different design idea. If the same design idea is submitted more than once, the entries will be disqualified.
· Entries must be submitted electronically per the instructions on the Entry Form. www.momgenius.com/geniusidea
· Entries must be for product designs that are not yet in commercial production at the time of entry. Products that are currently commercially available at the time of entry are not eligible.
· The entrant or the entrant's company, whichever applies, retains ownership of the design ideas submitted for the Contest.
· Mom Genius shall not be liable to an entrant for the commercialization of ideas that have been independently developed without the use of the entrant's submission.
· Entrants grant Mom Genius permission to contact them using the information provided on the contest entry form, including name, address, email address, and phone number.
· Mom Genius is not responsible for any expenses incurred by entrants in connection with participation in the Contest and will not return any materials submitted to the Contest. Expenses include, but are not limited to, transportation, lodging and associated expenses for travel to Atlanta, Georgia to present its ideas to Mom Genius.
· Mom Genius reserves the right to disqualify entries that are frivolous or fail to meet the entry requirements as described in these Official Rules.
· Prizes cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash except at Mom Genius' sole discretion. Mom Genius reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
· All federal, state, local, municipal, income, and other taxes (if any) are the sole responsibility of the winners.
· Entrants authorize and approve the use of images created from entries for use in marketing materials to be produced by Mom Genius and their assigns, including use on web sites. Entrants are authorized to and do grant Mom Genius, its affiliates, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, or incorporate in any manner whatsoever all or any portion of the aforementioned images including, but not limited to, media of any kind, websites, promotional or marketing materials and merchandising. The rights granted herein include the right of Mom Genius to sublicense the right to display this Contest, including entrant’s images, in other venues.
· Entrants represent and warrant that the materials are owned by them or their company free and clear of any liens or claims of any third-party, that they have a legal right to grant the permission herein given on behalf of themselves, their company, or a third party, if appropriate. Furthermore, the entrant agrees that he/she/they, or, if the design is owned by his/her/their company, that his/her/their company will indemnify and hold harmless Mom Genius, its affiliates, assigns, agents, and employees, against liability should any third-party claim that the use of the materials by Mom Genius, its affiliates, assigns, agents, and employees violates any right of such third party to the materials.
· By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Mom Genius and its judges, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, they agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity or error in these Official Rules. Except where prohibited by law, the winners consent to the use of their name and/or likeness by Mom Genius for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation. Each entrant agrees that Mom Genius and its parent companies, agents, representatives, affiliates, and employees will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from his/her participation in the Contest or resulting from the acceptance of prizes. By accepting a prize, entrant agrees to release Mom Genius, its affiliates, assigns, agents and employees from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of a prize or participating in any prize-related activities.
· Mom Genius assumes no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communications network or lines, computer systems, servers, software, Internet service providers, or e-mail systems; failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or incomplete, late, lost, damaged, illegible or misdirected electronic communications; or any combination thereof, including damage to entrants' or anyone else's computer equipment related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Contest.
· Participation in the Contest constitutes an agreement by each entrant, to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. Mom Genius reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Mom Genius. In the event the Contest is compromised by non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Mom Genius that corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Mom Genius reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Mom Genius reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering the Contest, but in no event attorney's fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred in entering the contest.
· Mom Genius reserves the right to cancel, suspend or extend the Contest, in its sole discretion, due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters. Mom Genius reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize cannot be delivered as described.
· Prize winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility / Release of Liability / Prize Acceptance Form.
· Mom Genius is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest.
· This Contest is void where prohibited.
IN NO EVENT WILL MOM GENIUS, ITS LICENSEES, AND OR ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, ITS ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THIS WEB SITE, ELECTRONIC OR COMPUTER MALFUNCTIONS, OR ENTRANT PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, EVEN IF MOM GENIUS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING PROVIDED FOR THE CONTEST INCLUDING ANY SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Questions and inquiries regarding Contest rules or technical matters can be emailed to .
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
These rules, guidelines and terms and conditions are subject to change.